My sweet friend Julia nominated me – who’da thunk? – for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
I love being tagged. Tags equal a blog post with almost no effort required. I don’t have to think of an idea. I don’t have to write up the entire thing. All I gotta do is answer them questions!
Which is fun. If not for you, then for me. Because I am self-obsessed. I could talk about my fascinating self for hours, to be honest with you.
Hope you plan to hang around for a while…
Just kidding. Please come back.
Let’s get to it, shall we?
1. What is your favorite band/ What kind of music do you listen to?
This is one of those sneaky two-in-one questions that compel me to answer both.
That first one is all but impossible…
I like Switchfoot, Coldplay, Bastille, and Mumford And Sons. Those are just bands. I also love Owl City, Josh Groban, and Michael Buble.
The second one is easier. I listen primarily to rock and alternative, possibly some folk.
2. What is your favorite book?
Till We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis.
3. Are you a part of any fandoms, if so, what?
Unofficially, The Hunger Games and The Lord of the Rings.
4. Favorite YouTuber?
Um. I watch all of Studio C’s videos?
5. What is your biggest Pet Peeve?
Humans who don’t like to read books.
6. What is your favorite color AND why?
Blue or green. Because both are so prevalent in nature and absolutely gorgeous. Trees, grass, the sky, the ocean… See what I mean?
7. Favorite song at the moment/ last song you listened to?
Another two-for-one deal!
Some of my favorite songs include Human by Christina Perri, Renegades by XAmbassadors, Bright by Echosmith, and Hello Seattle by Owl City.
Recently I have been listening to the Hamilton soundtrack and my beloved “Christmas Jam,” but, oddly, I have Closer by The Chainsmokers and This Town by Niall Horan stuck in my head.
8. If you could only get one thing for Christmas what would you ask for?
One of Cait‘s mugs. I am obsessed.
9. How many kids do you want to have when you are older?
As marriage is not apart of the plan, I’d say none.
However, if some guy manages to persuade me in spite of myself, I think I can manage two. It would be cute to have one girl and one boy, obviously.
Let’s hope we get one of each, then, because I am absolutely not going through the most intense pain known to man more than two times.
If I had my way, I’d forget having kids altogether and foster teenagers. International adoption gets a lot of attention, but what about all the kids without families right here in America? So many teenagers will never know what it’s like to be a part of a family. That’s not right.
10. Do you do any sports?
I played basketball for exactly one season when I was around seven years old. I played four or five seasons of soccer. But more recently, I play volleyball. I’ve played about five seasons, for a time competitively, now casually with friends.
Who am I kidding? I don’t have friends.
I play casually with other humans that I know.
11. What time is it right this second, as you are answering this?
I now nominate Miss March because her blog is sunshiniest of them all, Anna because we all need to get to get to know her lovely self better, Kenzie because she shares a name with my beloved niece, Kit because she leaves fantastic comments, Sarah and Grace because we are the Hamilton Squad, and monkeyeverything because her username is original and I’m only assuming that she is, indeed, female.
I am too exhausted to count how many people that is. I don’t think it’s eleven. I don’t care.
Your questions are as follows:
1. If you had to choose one song to be your “anthem” what would it be?
2. What is one book you will never read again and why?
3. What is one book you reread over and over again and why?
4. If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
5. Do you have a favorite quote and what is it?
6. If you could meet any historical figure – living or dead – who would you choose to meet? And, for the sake of getting more diverse answers, let’s leave Jesus out of this, shall we?
7. What is the first book you read on your own?
8. What is your fondest memory?
9. Who are your heroes?
10. What character from literature are you most like?
11. What would you do if the Zombie Apocalypse happened tomorrow?
Thank you once again, Julia, for nominating me!
What say you? Were you surprised by any of my answers? What is your favorite color and why? What have you been listening to recently? What do you want for Christmas? How many mugs do you own? Do you need more (you know you do!)?