Time for Beautiful People!
This is a meme hosted by Cait at Paper Fury and Sky at Further Up And Further In, intended to help you get to know your characters better, get support and feedback from your peers, and get to know other people like yourself – or, at the least, people as like yourself as anyone can be…
Let’s get started!
1. Give a brief overview of their looks. (Include a photo if you want!)
Elle is tall and slender, with dark hair, large eyes, unusually high cheekbones – think Eskimo – and dark skin.
2. Share a snippet that involves description of their appearance.
Um, sorry. There is no such snippet in existence, as of yet. My apologies.
3. What is the first thing people might notice about them?
Her eyes. They are large and dominate her face.
At first her eyes are eerie because they are, for lack of a better word, lifeless. After she is Awakened, they return to their natural amber brown color, but would still catch your attention because of their unusual color and the fact that they give you the impression that they are smoldering.
4. What are their unique features? (Ex: freckles, big ears, birthmark, scars, etc.)
I seem to already have answered this question a few times before…
No matter. I shall repeat.
Her eyes. Her height. Her dark skin.
5. How tall are they? What is their build (Ex: stocky, slender, petite, etc.)?
I’d say about six feet tall.
It’s funny, because originally, I wanted her to be short. Unusually so. Like around five feet or so.
How things change.
6. What is their posture like? How do they usually carry themselves?
Elle always has perfect posture. Her head is always held high. She has what you might call a regal bearing.
But she’s also intimidating. Her manner is not one that would encourage familiarity – as in, she’s not the type of girl you would walk up and hug. She’s standoffish, and you can tell.
7. Your character has been seen on a “lazy day” (free from usual routine/expectations): what are they wearing and how do they look?
She’d be wearing close-fitting trousers and a loose tunic. Her hair would probably be loose down her back.
8. Do they wear glasses, accessories, or jewelry on a regular basis? Do they have any article of clothing or accessory that could be considered their trademark?
She wears her hair loose, as I said, but it is interwoven with braids. This indicates warrior status, and even though Elle is not a warrior, her unique circumstances allow her to claim this honor.
Upon joining the Nomads, Elle made the decision to embrace her heritage in the few ways she could, so she got her nose, ears, and right eyebrow pierced.
9. Have they ever been bullied or shamed because of their looks? Explain!
Not really, no. Though perhaps she doesn’t fit in among the Nomad women as well as somehow who wasn’t so overtly different-looking.
10. Are they happy with how they look? If they could change anything about their appearance, what would it be?
Elle doesn’t care about how she looks, though if you were to ask her she would probably say that she doesn’t think she’s nice-looking.
What do your characters look like? What do Elle’s looks tell you about her? Do you know anyone who looks like Elle? Does she remind you of anyone? Do you think someone’s personality is reflected in their looks?